- Mon, 30 May 2016 00:34:33 +0000: Haunted by Klan hate: ‘I was terrified of him until the day he died’ - Monroe - News
The Silver Dollar Group, regionally centered in Concordia Parish, terrorized, assaulted and killed blacks in east central Louisiana and nearby Mississippi in the 1960s.
- Mon, 30 May 2016 00:22:28 +0000: Deaths for May 30 - Monroe - News
Deaths reported by area funeral homes
- Sun, 29 May 2016 23:08:30 +0000: Analysis: La. governor, attorney general repeatedly at odds - Monroe - News
In the last week alone, the two men publicly bickered over the governor’s LGBT rights anti-discrimination order, the state’s budget, legislation aimed at so-called sanctuary cities and the handling of oil spill settlement money.
- Sun, 29 May 2016 19:45:21 +0000: Phillips named 2016 King of Louisiana Seafood - Monroe - News
Chef Blake Phillips of Restaurant Sage was one of 11 chefs from across Louisiana vying for the title.
- Sun, 29 May 2016 01:01:32 +0000: Greater awareness, training and dedicated funds needed to fight toll of sex trafficking - Monroe - News
Major challenges faced include a general lack of funding across the board, as well as a lack of emergency housing, victims’ services and trauma informed care.
- Mon, 30 May 2016 01:41:36 +0000: Next LSU-Florida game destined for Omaha? - Monroe - Sports
LSU and Florida played five times in 10 days, and that's enough for LSU Coach Paul Mainieri ... for now
- Mon, 30 May 2016 01:29:38 +0000: Rossi stuns at Indy - Monroe - Sports
Rookie wins 100th running of race
- Sun, 29 May 2016 22:59:45 +0000: Countdown: 96 days to high school football - Monroe - Sports
A look at the Mangham offense with 96 days to kickoff
- Sun, 29 May 2016 22:55:08 +0000: Jordan Spieth gets first win in Texas by closing with 65 to win Colonial - Monroe - Sports
American closes with 65 to beat Harris English by three shots.
- Sun, 29 May 2016 22:17:24 +0000: GUILBEAU: By RPI, SEC should get 6 of top 8, or more - Monroe - Sports
It will not happen, but by pure numbers alone, the SEC should get six of the the eight national top seeds, if not more.